A wooden sliding door is an engaging feature to add to a cabinet venture. Instead of using a plastic or metal door track, you can make your own particular wooden sliding cabinet door track. The wooden track will make the whole venture more firm. In addition, it will improve the quality and excellence of the in general piece. A wooden door track is basically a board with an opening in the top for the door to slide in.
- Measure the length of the cabinet door opening using a measuring tape. This is the length needed for the sliding cabinet door track. Measure the thickness of the sliding door. The switch touch used to cut the opening in the track will be 1/8-inch more extensive than this measurement.
- Lay the 1-by-2-by-96-inch board level on a work surface. Measure the board to the length that you measured for the sliding cabinet door track. Mark the board with a pencil.
- Place the 1-by-2-by-96-inch board on the table of the miter saw. Slide the board on the table until the pencil imprint is straightened with the outside edge of the saw sharpened steel. Pull the trigger on the saw and manage it down through the board in a consistent movement until the cut is complete. Raise the saw once again to the begin position and discharge the trigger.
- Lay the cut board on the switch table with the 2-inch side resting even. Embed the switch chomped into the switch toss, tighten and secure it. Adjust the tallness of the switch spot to reduce a 3/8-inch profound opening in the board. Adjust the wall on the switch table to slice the opening through the focal point of the 2-inch width of the board and secure it.
- Guide the board through the switch table in a consistent movement moving just quick enough to permit the touch to cut the wood. Remove the board from the switch table once the cut is completed.
- Place the board on a work surface with the opened side confronting up. Sand the whole board with a fine-gravel sanding cushion until it is smooth. Continuously sand with the grain of the wood.
- Apply an even cover of wood finish to board using a paintbrush. Permit the finish to dry for no less than 4 hours and apply a last cover. Permit the last layer to dry for 24 hours. Rub glue wax into the opening of the sliding cabinet door track using a fabric cloth. The glue wax will permit the door to slide easily inside the opened track.